CHF Grant Guidelines
Grant applications should be as brief as appropriate to present necessary facts about the applicant and the project for which the grant is requested. We would prefer one to two pages with enclosures if needed.
- Grant applicants are only accepted from not-for-profit organizations. and government agencies.
- The Curry Health Foundation Grant Program supports projects, programs, and equipment directly related to the physical and mental health of Curry County.
- Grant applicants pledge to provide press releases, pictures, and personal stories about the grant’s impact on the Curry County community, including those who benefited from and used the program, equipment, or project.
- The Curry Health Foundation provides equal opportunity for all.
- Grants of $500 to $2,500.00 per item, project, or program will be considered.
- Grants are limited to a total of $5,000.00 per organization (two projects or programs)
The Curry Health Foundation will not fund the following:
- Fundraising activities
- Ongoing labor or payroll costs
- Any expense not directly related to healthcare in Curry County
- Office equipment, supplies, etc.
- Debt retirement, operational deficits, financial emergencies, etc.
Eligible organizations are required to submit the following information:
- A cover letter signed by the person authorizing the grant request.
- Name, title, email & telephone number of the contact person.
- Not-for-profit affirmation (EIN#)
- A narrative proposal describing the applicant organization, the project for which funds are requested, the people to be served, the number of people affected, and the program life.
- An explanation of how this project contributes to health care in Curry County is consistent with #8 below.
- An explanation of how the organization will sustain this project in ensuing years, if applicable.
- A detailed budget for the project including any ARP funds requested.
- A detailed plan for press releases about receiving the grant and a second release about how and when the grant is used, who has benefited, and personal stories about how the grant has benefited at least one individual or group (no less than two press releases).
- Can the program succeed with zero or partial funding from the Curry Health Foundation? Please explain the need for this funding.
- Please supply the original plus one copy of the entire application packet to be sent via email, mail, or delivered in person.
- Please note that incomplete applications may not be considered for funding.
Once you have been awarded a grant, you may have up to 6 months to ask for any changes to how the grant is spent, and the deadline for spending. Please complete the Grant Addendum Request BY THE 6-MONTH DEADLINE if you are not spending the grant exactly as awarded.